The SMCL (the Mayoral and Local Authority Trade Show) is the only national event to bring together all of the biggest players in public authority and all of their partners, whether institutional or specialised in management, services, planning, or development of local councils and areas.
So what is the SMCL?
For almost 20 years, in partnership with the AMF, the SMCL has been bringing together almost 900 exhibitors and more than 48,000 visitors. This national event is the biggest of its kind, bringing together the most elected officials and those involved in managing and developing local areas on a daily basis. From MPs and mayors to all kinds of roles within local government, 62% of these local players will only take part in this trade show. The SMCL is organised around 9 different sectors:
- Construction and planning
- Culture, sports, leisure, and events
- Local development and promotion
- Energy and climate
- Environment and the living environment
- Healthcare, society, children and community
- Safety, risk prevention and protection
- Transport and mobility
- Technology and the move to digital
The SMCL brings on board a whole host of institutional partners to share their expertise across more than 350 speeches, conferences and events which cover a wide range of local government and development themes. During the SMCL, the Innovation Prizes are awarded to the best innovations for local authorities.
Useful information about the next SMCL
The next SMCL trade show will take place from the 22 to the 24 November 2022. From 09:00 to 19:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday and from 09:00 to 18:00 on Thursday at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles (1 Place de la Porte de Versailles, Paris 15e). To get to the SMCL:
- Take bus line 80 to “Porte de Versailles – Parc des Expositions”, or line 39 to “Desnouettes”.
- Take metro line 12 to “Porte de Versailles”.
- Take tram T2 or T3a to “Porte de Versailles – Parc des Expositions”.
- Parking is also available on site.
Why take a stand at the SMCL?
A whole host of key players take part in the SMCL. When you have a stand here, you’ll be one of more than 900 companies to present their latest solutions, discover new innovations in the market, meet new prospective clients and partners, and reinforce their existing relations.
Last year’s exhibitors
Here are a few of the exhibitors from last year’s SMCL trade show: AAA, ADX Groupe, Agora, Aquabio, BH Technologies, Bouge ma ville, Caisse d’epargne, Cemex, Citymag, Electricité de France, La Gazette des Communes, Suez…
The Local Innovation Prize in 2021
The Innovation Prize rewards the best solutions provided by exhibitors for local authorities. In 2021, there were six prize categories, plus a jury’s favourite. Among the 20 finalists who passed the pre-selection phase, here are the winners:
- Energy Transition category: Qarnot Computing
- Infrastructure and Mobility category: MACAUTO ONE
- Environmental Transition category: So ETHIC!
- Digital Transition category: MAÏA
- Lifestyle category: FOODLES
- Local Development and Management category: Cerema and Beta.Gouv
- Jury’s favourite: Fédération Nationale des Conseils des Chevaux