MAPIC 2022: everything you need to know about the show
MAPIC, or the Professional International Market for Retail and Commercial Real Estate, is the largest international trade show for commercial real estate.
It is the meeting place for the entire international commercial real estate, restaurant and leisure community.
The next edition of MAPIC Cannes will focus on the main changes in the industry, including the challenges and opportunities post-Covid. With speeches, debates and conferences, the idea will be to better understand the expectations of new consumers.
What is MAPIC?
MAPIC is the must-attend show for the entire international commercial real estate community. It brings together all the industry’s leading players from 80 countries.
It is the event that helps transform traditional shopping centers and downtowns into living spaces.
The goal is to analyze during 3 days the latest trends and the best solutions of the countries to implement them on a global scale and build the retail of tomorrow. But also to decipher and understand the current French market and its specificities.
MAPIC brings together 6,000 participants from 80 countries and 1,500 retailers, players in the leisure and restaurant industries.
Practical information about MAPIC 2022
The next edition of MAPIC Cannes will take place from November 29 to December 1, 2022.
Direction the Palais des Festivals of Cannes at 1 Boulevard de la Croisette 06400 Cannes. Cannes, in the heart of the French Riviera, is easily accessible by all means of transportation: plane, train, bus and car (parking on site).
Why exhibit at MAPIC 2022?
MAPIC is the only place where you can identify, meet and sign agreements with all the leaders in the retail, real estate, food and leisure sectors to build dynamic commercial and urban destinations.
Having your trade show booth at MAPIC means identifying and connecting with your next business partners and discovering new concepts and people with the power to help you meet the industry’s emerging challenges.
The entire French industry gathers at MAPIC Cannes to meet global players and find the best solutions and concepts to implement in France.
Restaurant chains, investors, retailers, developers, leisure concepts… Big names are gathered such as Adidas, Apple, Aldi, Indigo Property, Ville de Bordeaux, Ville de Marseille, Oxford, Liwa, Microsoft, EasyJet, Vinci Autoroute, Zurich Airport…
The MAPIC Awards 2019
Created in 1996, the MAPIC Awards recognize excellence, innovation and creativity in the commercial real estate sector.
Here is the list of winners of the 2019 MAPIC Awards:
– BEST F&B CONCEPT: Boxpark Wembley – UK
– BEST RETAIL EXPANSION WORLDWIDE: Niu Flagship Italia – Italy
– BEST RETAIL CONCEPT: Nous épiceries anti-gaspi – France
– BEST STORE DESIGN: Microsoft – London, UK. Submitted by: Gensler
– BEST RECREATION CONCEPT: Arkose – France
– BEST RETAIL INNOVATION: Wishibam For Business – France
– BEST SHOPPING CENTER: ICONSIAM – Bangkok, Thailand. Architect: Benoy and Urban Architect. Developer: Siam Piwat
– BEST SHOPPING CENTER: Torino Outlet Village – Turin, Italy. Architect: Claudio Silvestrin. Developer: Arcus Real Estate
– BEST RETAIL REGENERATION OF A DOWNTOWN: City Plaza – Wuppertal, Germany. Architect: Chapman Taylor. Developer: Signature Capital
– BEST SHOPPING CENTER FUTURA: Val Saint Lambert Leisure Park – Seraing, Belgium. Architect: Christian Sauvage (retail), Minale Design Strategy (design), Chapman. Taylor (leisure), Altiplan (offices). Developer: Immobilière du Val Saint Lambert
– RETAILER OF THE YEAR: Tommy Hilfiger – The Netherlands
– JURY’S SPECIAL AWARD: Jewel Changi Airport – Singapore. Architect: Safdie Architects. Developer: Jewel Changi Airport Trustee Pte Ltd, a joint venture of Changi Group. Airport Group and CapitaLand.
– INDUSTRIAL DESIGN: Chantal Zimmer – General Delegate. French Franchise Federation